Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Invitations

I am doing my own invitations. This is a great cost saver for many of us brides. I originally was going to make pocket fold invitations but these were less and still beautiful! Here is how to DIY...
This invitation was desinged using photoshop. I swear the program is not as scary as it may appear to be! To add some more of myself into the invite I will be sticking on little crystals in the design. I put a fake one on here to show you what it should look like.
Same with the RSVP cards, there will be a little crystal. To eliminate any confusion I put a line "seats reserved in your honor". We are not having everyone bring dates, we are paying for this on our own and this is a great way to save.(ex my 16 year old cousin doesn't have to bring the guy/girl of the moment)
Now the assembly process begins. All of the paper products for this came from www.paperamndmore.com they were great! Everything came fast and was perfect.
I had to score all the edges on the envelopment. I just used a butter knife. . . no need to go out and purchase a boning tool.
I then used double sided tape to put the mat on the envelopment.
Me and my little sister put together about 125 of these. . .
We are still working on the wording for our invitations so until that has been completed thats all I have so far folks :o)

No comments: