Monday, December 29, 2008

DIY Card Box

This was the perfect project for my fiance to join in the DIY fun that I have been having for a year now. Here he is working on putting together the 4 picture frames which we purchased earlier in the day :o)


Look how hard he is working. . . . yup that's my man!




His part of the project was almost completed here is the box you can see all of the brackets inside. Now it was my turn to make the top while he cut out the bottom of the box.






So I purchased fabric from Joanns that matched our wedding colors. I attached the fabric to the top with a hot glue gun and then stuffed it so it has a pillow affect. Here is the finished product. . .







A bit of work but totally worth it!


Our Engagement Pictures were taken by the amazingly talented Carla Ten Eyck

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is stephanie, and I seen your link on the knot.com. I love all your stuff you are making. I have some quetions and was wondering if you could give me some details on how to do some of those things myself. My e-mail is stephy260@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Jess,

I freakin' LOVE this!!!!! I wish I had the creativity that you have!!!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say your stuff is amazing!!! You have helped so much with all your directions and guidance through all the DIY stuff. I will send you some pics of my wedding in September...i am using the pomander balls and then LOVED this card box idea but am conused on the bottom of the box and how you get the stuffed pillow top look? YOU STINKIN ROCK!!!! Thanks again for everything:):)benzil01@aol.com... Thanks Lindsay

Soon to be Mrs. Ponticelli said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond I have just been so busy! For the top and bottom I used sort of foam board purchased at Michael's. For the top I also purchased a cotton stuffing and fabric matching my colors. All you have to do is cut a hole in the center and use a hot glue gun to secure your fabric over the foam board and fabric. Hope that helps! Happy Planning :o)