Thursday, June 11, 2009

~*~Pro-Pics~*~

So I wanted to post some of my teaser pro pics from the MOST talented photographer ever the amazing Carla Ten Eyck ( www.carlateneyck.com). Words cannot describe how much I LOVE her. . .from the moment we met I knew that she was the only person who would be able to capture the greatest day of my life. So here we go. . .
This is me getting ready my husbands sister in law was nice enough to lend me her skirt reading "Mrs. Ponticelli". . .so here I am showing them off :o)
Now if you know anything about me you then obviously know how much I love Twilight. . . so I figured that at some point I may be nervous (which I wasn't) and the only thing I thought would calm me would me anyone of my Twilight books, so Carla put my books to work :o)
So after the task of getting ready me and my father took the vintage Buick over to the church. We were really early so I got to wave as guests arrived and spend some quality time with my dad which was amazing since I am such a daddy's girl.


Time to walk down the aisle or race to the aisle (LOL). My eyes were on Eric the entire time but as I reached the alter I couldn't help the emotion I felt and I got a little teary.
And here we are as Mr. & Mrs. Ponticelli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this very dramatic picture of us leaving the church but I must admit there is a funny story behind it. Carla told me before hand that she wanted us to both push open the church doors for our exit, sounds simple enough right? Yeah. . . not so much, the doors were stuck and it took us a minute to get them to open. But it is still a beautiful picture!

Right after the ceremony we ran outside to take some pictures with our bridal party. One of Eric's gifts to his groomsmen was aviators so they decided to rock those for a few pics. . .but me and my girls had to show them up of course!
Who looks better??? Tough call. . .
This was a fun shot. . .very casual. . .Love it!
Eric wanted to immediately update his facebook with a picture so before we knew it everyone with an iPhone was working it. . .so Carla worked them :o)
So after our bridal party fun it was off to our reception at Laurel View Country Club in our vintage Buick. You know my girl Carla was going to rock out these shots, they are just beautiful!
My very handsome HUSBAND. . .soooooo much fun to say that!!!
The lighting in this shot is so soft and smooth. . . it looks like it should be on the cover of a bridal magazine or something!

So after working the Buick for a while we worked our way onto the golf course for some more pictures. . . again these are just magical! You will also noticed I changed into my Birdcage veil for a unique vintage kind of look :o)


This one right here left me speechless. . . it looks like a painting almost van Gogh-esk. . . with the way the sky looks in the back.

A nice view of the rings in this shot!

Carla said she could get some great shots if I would lay down on the grass in my dress. . . so whatever Carla says I do. . . .
We got some bridal shots worked out here. . .


Our first dance as husband and wife was to Ben E. King's Stand By Me. . . I sang all of the words to him and it was such a beautiful moment, of course he caught me by surprise with a few dips here and there.

I knew the moment I was engaged what song I wanted to dance with my father to and I knew it was going to be emotional for the both of us. It was a remix of Daddy's Little girl by Kippi Brannon and Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlise. It fit us to a T and again I sang the words and shed some tears. . . super emotional moment for me and my father!
I knew my mother felt a little left out since I no longer live in New York where I am from so I did a surprise mother daughter dance to Christina Aguliera's I Turn To You. My mother was so touched the moment she was called out she cried. Towards the end of the song my 2 little sisters and Oma (which means Grandma in Dutch) joined us :o)
Carla set up this total fun and amazing photo booth. . .which was a HUGE hit that night. My parents were kind enough to go search out and purchase a tons of awesome props to keep things going. . . Here is me, my husband, Carla, Mike, and Katie (aka the most amazing Photography crew EVER)

We ended up doing a bubble send off from our reception site. . .fun fun :o)
I will post more as I get them. . .Hope you enjoyed looking at these as much as I did!!!!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

They look amazing! I can't wait to see even more!

And why in the world does your SIL have a skirt with her name on her butt?

Soon to be Mrs. Ponticelli said...

Thank you Ashley! Well she is my husband's sister in law she married his brother back in September :o)

Jen said...

Jess honestly WOW you're pictures are beyond gorgeous! One can only hope to have their photographer capture the day in such an amazing way...Stunning